216 replies to this topic

#21 intranicity

intranicity

1914 Gold Medal Member

• Banned
  • 978 posts
  • Tennessee Squire:No

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

This is an original 1895 bottle with a paper label on it. It is FULL AND SEALED with the original cork! Next to it is what is left of the cardboard box it came in. Truly incredible!

It's a great bottle, really wish it was mine, but I'm showing my ignorance now........... 1895 bottle, but box and label have 4 gold medals, which makes it after 1915, how long did they use the 1895 bottle for, when did they start putting labels on the 1895?

#22 colin

colin

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 5,157 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
  • Tennessee Squire:Yes

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

:thanx/>:thanx:thanx for showing us these great items

#23 JeePee

JeePee

1954 Gold Medal Member

• RIP Never Forgotten
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

This is so awesome to see... I really love the cardboard wrap from the 1905 green label. Simply awesome material. Unbelievable that it still excists.
You got some great friends...

#24 hodag2005

hodag2005

1954 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 2,201 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the mitten, USA

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Mike and Beth, Thank you for sharing these amazing pics!!!, And please pass along thanks to your friends for allowing you to share their wonderful items with us.

#25 fluffyskulls

fluffyskulls

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 5,046 posts
  • LocationKent, SE England
  • Ebay Name:fluffyskulls

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

Fantastic collectibles, so glad people have hung on to these items for decades and decades.
What I wouldn't give for that 1895 green label.

#26 qdctj

qdctj

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 4,081 posts
  • Ebay Name:qdctj

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

Thank your friends for the opportunity to look at these bottles. Also thank you for taking the pictures and sharing them with us.

Tom

#27 Max

Max

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Administrators
  • 24,474 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • Ebay Name:jackdaniels-uk

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

wow incredible !

It's great to see items like this on here that otherwise many of us would never know existed.

Thank you for the pictures and please thank your friends on our behalf too .... it means a lot they agreed to share these beauties with us ;)/>

#28 digma_jack_daniels

digma_jack_daniels

1915 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationFairfield West
  • Ebay Name:digma_jack_daniels

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

Closeup of the box.

:wow/>:thanx:wow:thanx:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

:bow/>:bow:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap(clap)(clap)/>(clap)(dance)/>(claps)
(score)/>(score)(score)/>(score)(score)/>(score)(score)/>(score)
(goodjob)/>(goodjob)(goodjob)/>(goodjob)(goodjob)/>(goodjob)(goodjob)/>(thumbup)/>

what can you say but wow never thought i'd see an 1895/05 full wow wow (pray)/>

#29 jdmadman

jdmadman

1954 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Ebay Name:jdmadman

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:34 AM

Beth & Mike, another great thread with awesome pictures. Nice of them to let you take pictures and share them with us. ;D/>
Please, keep 'em coming!

#30 digma_jack_daniels

digma_jack_daniels

1915 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationFairfield West
  • Ebay Name:digma_jack_daniels

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:38 AM

It's a great bottle, really wish it was mine, but I'm showing my ignorance now........... 1895 bottle, but box and label have 4 gold medals, which makes it after 1915, how long did they use the 1895 bottle for, when did they start putting labels on the 1895?

it's the 04 and 05 medals doubled up eg 04/05/05/04. they are showing both sides of the medals. I have a mirror with a similar layout 04/05/13/05/04, and a green label with the same thing. Hope that helps PS. it was 1910 so I'm led to belive

Attached Images

• picture_3564.jpg
  • picture_005_2670.jpg

#31 OldOak

OldOak

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:42 AM

All I can is 'wow' thanks for sharing the pics... cant wait for the rest.

#32 Moz

Moz

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 3,849 posts
  • LocationGold Coast Australia
  • Ebay Name:moz3295

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Thank you for sharing! Some of these items I thought I would never see full, Thank you!

#33 Dan

Dan

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationDuluth Minnesota
  • Ebay Name:snards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

Fantastic bottles!! WOW :o/> Please pass along thanks for allowing pictures of these great bottles. Looking forward to the "stuff in the back" ;)/>

#34 Ang07

Ang07

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 15,538 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

All we can say is ... WOW... the items are breataking...

If that is what they have in the front of the home... I cannot wait to see what they have hidden away....

Very nice bottles... and please thank them so much for sharing....

It was very nice of them to share with you and let you take pics to share with all of us that truely love Jack.

#35 MikeandJack

MikeandJack

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 11,598 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, Tennessee

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:18 PM

We apologize to everyone. When we made this post yesterday, something came up and we had to leave quickly and did not get to answer your questions. We have just now got back on the forum. Thanks for all the nice comments and we believe the questions have been answered correctly. We have a few more pictures to post and will try to do this later today. We took some better closeup pictures of the 2 sealed bottles, but they did not turn out too well. When we get to go back, we will take a better camera and try to take some better pictures. These bottles we saw were setting around on tables, shelves, cabinets, window sills, and on the floor. Where we set trinkets, figurines, and dishes on our tables, they set JD bottles and jugs. Most of them were covered with thick dust and soot from a fireplace. They probably had not been touched or dusted in years. It was unbelievable! They did have the 1895 sealed bottle and box in a large plastic bag to protect it. The picture of the 2 jugs were the only jugs we saw. They said they did not even know how many jugs they had in the back. They think they had one of every jug made by Jack Daniel. When we were invited, we knew they had some JD items, but had no idea how much. We took the camera just in case. When we asked if we could take some pictures, they asked why? We told them we wanted to share the pictures with some friends who collected JD and would enjoy seeing them. They reluctantly said OK. We really enjoy finding these collections and sharing pictures of them with members of the forum. We wish some of these items would be for sale, but in this case, this collection has been passed down through the family for years, and will probably never be for sale. Believe me, we have tried to purchase some of these bottles and jugs! We hope everyone enjoys these pictures and we will try to answer any questions if you have any.

#36 Jack MI

Jack MI

1914 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 580 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

Wow...absolutely fantastic items!! Thanks so much for sharing Mike and Beth. Must be amazing to actually see these bottles/jugs in person. Thanks again!! :thanx/>(score)(score)/>(score)

#37 Max

Max

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Administrators
  • 24,474 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • Ebay Name:jackdaniels-uk

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

We wish some of these items would be for sale, but in this case, this collection has been passed down through the family for years, and will probably never be for sale. Believe me, we have tried to purchase some of these bottles and jugs!

As much as I'd love to own just one of these rare items I fully respect them wanting to keep them in the family ..... as it should be ;)/>

Maybe our collections will get passed down the generations ... nice thought

#38 Belgianjack

Belgianjack

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationErps Kwerps, Belgium
  • Ebay Name:Belgianjack

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

this is unbelievable

#39 Ade

Ade

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 8,973 posts
  • LocationDartford Kent U.K.
  • Ebay Name:adesixtyeight

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

Fantastic pictures and looking forward to more.

Makes you wonder how many other collectors there are in the world who have items to match that of the above or in fact better and even older and rarer items, and keep themselves to themselves in private to enjoy their personal collection.

#40 MikeandJack

MikeandJack

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 11,598 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, Tennessee

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

Here are some of the pictures that did not take very well.

Attached Images

• mjcoll_007_478.jpg
  • mjcoll_008_6979.jpg

SSL