#1 recce

recce

1905 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 172 posts
  • LocationMadison, Alabama
  • Tennessee Squire:Yes

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

About 4-5 weeks ago, I found what I thought was an interesting "Fine Tennessee Whiskeys" gift set in the nearby military liquor store.  It contained 375ml bottles of Gentleman Jack, Black Label, and Single Barrel.  I was happy with that since it was fairly unique.  I saw the same type of box down in Gulfport, Mississippi, over the weekend, and took my son over to show it to him.  To my surprise, this one was different...it had Gentleman Jack, Single Barrel, and Sinatra Select!  Makes me wonder if there are other variations available.  Has anyone else seen these?Fine TN Whiskeys - 2018 - Front.jpg

Attached Images

• Fine TN Whiskeys - Sinatra - Front - 2018 - Copy.jpg
  • Fine TN Whisheys - 2018 - Back.jpg
  • Fine TN Whiskeys - Sinatra - 2018 - Back - Copy.jpg

• southrock likes this

#2 southrock

southrock

1954 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 2,610 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

Real nice sets !!!

#3 Max

Max

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Administrators
  • 24,452 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • Ebay Name:jackdaniels-uk

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Cool finds, the Sinatra set was discussed on here recently, it was being sold in Costco (US) at the end of October and is currently being sold by blackwellswines.com at $100 not bad for this set of 3 especially for drinkers but the general feeling is collectors would have preferred the Sinatra in a quality bottle like the original rather than a regular black label bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Maxwells House JD Forum Mobile App

#4 mqqn

mqqn

1913 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 412 posts
  • LocationMapleton Illinois
  • Ebay Name:mqqn

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:40 AM

I received a proper Sinatra Select as a gift for Christmas from a great friend, and I had a 375ML from one of these box sets, so Maggie and I sampled them side by side. 

The gift set was markedly different tasting than the 750ml bottle - it was not as smooth and had a different taste profile. 

That's all I have - we just thought the 375ml was different and in our opinion not as tasty. 

best 

mqqn

• Max and southrock like this

#5 Max

Max

1981 Gold Medal Member

• Administrators
  • 24,452 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, England
  • Ebay Name:jackdaniels-uk

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

I received a proper Sinatra Select as a gift for Christmas from a great friend, and I had a 375ML from one of these box sets, so Maggie and I sampled them side by side.

The gift set was markedly different tasting than the 750ml bottle - it was not as smooth and had a different taste profile.

That's all I have - we just thought the 375ml was different and in our opinion not as tasty.

best

mqqn

Very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Maxwells House JD Forum Mobile App
  • MikeandJack and southrock like this

#6 Jim0707

Jim0707

1915 Gold Medal Member

• Gold Medal Member
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara CA USA
  • Ebay Name:Jim1212123

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

That would sort of make sense of what Randall told us during BBQ week. They still have barrels of Sinatra in the warehouse. So it would seem difficult even blending them all together to get the exact taste a year or two later.

• MikeandJack, southrock, tokboy and 1 other like this

SSL